Saturday, July 21, 2012

Still in Winnipeg

This picture is from nipigon Ontario. All my pictures last night are on the camera and I can't figure out how to transfer them yet.

So last night we walked from our hotel to "The Forks". It is a park at the corner of the Red and Assiniboine rivers.  Maybe six outdoor pubs or restaurants, a market, a marina, a pedestrian bridge, thousands of people, water taxis, bicycles. No cars (free parking evenings and weekends). No mosquitos. I saw no panhandlers, no police. OK, I did see one Indian that could have been drunk because nobody is that friendly when sober. From what I saw, I don't know why Winnipeg gets a bad rap. And with all this, Air Canada stopped allowing air crews to stay downtown, because it was "unsafe". Maybe that policy has already been rescinded.


No comments:

Post a Comment