Monday, July 30, 2012

Vancouver BC

Picture: The Sylvia Hotel, covered in ivy. We'll stay a couple of nights. It has all the stuff I need. Wi-Fi, secure underground parking, two TV'S, across the street from the beach, bicycle rentals, Stanley Park. Originally I planned to get a place far from the city and take the train. But since our stay in Winnipeg, I have gained an appreciation for some of the older hotels. A BMW rider we met in Lillooet suggested the English Bay Apartments. But when I phoned they had no vacancy. But my Google phone showed the Sylvia nearby, with excellent reviews. So I clicked on phone, they had a room. Then I clicked on directions for the turn by turn instructions. Next thing I knew we were checked in and walking along the sea wall. We had made it to the Pacific in two weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I am trying to post some larger pictures of our trip. No idea yet how to post a link. But I did upload pictures to

    Picasaweb/Google/rbezeau

    They are in the album called Drop Box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be picasaweb/Google.com/rbezeau

      I never realized how much I like copy and paste on my real computer. Maybe one day I will figure out how to do it on the Android phone. So far I have been able to copy, but not paste. Same with book marks, I can save them but can't find them again.

      Delete
  2. You write, 'Same with book marks, I can save them but can't find them again.'

    Well ... that's helpful! ... LOL!

    Never stayed at the Shirley, but it looks pretty nice ... especially compared to a mosquito-ridden campsite ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed that I was calling the hotel the Shirley, but it's actually the Sylvia. I just made the corrections in the blog.

      Delete